Tuesday 24 July 2012

Dip dye nails

This is my take at 'dip dye' nails, i am no expert with nails i just like to experiment and have seen a few designs like this on other blogs and throughout tumblr.
All you will need is...

A base coat, i have used this nail hardener from boots which works just as good. Two different coloured nail polishes, i have used 'mint candy apple' by Essie and 'vintage pink' by Models own, you can use any two nail polishes you want to achieve dip dye nails. Plus some sort of sponge - i use a clean cleaning sponge, and rip a small piece off when needed. Lastly you will need a top coat which i forgot to picture, but any top coat will do.



Firstly I applied my base coat to the nail, then two thin coats of 'mint candy apple' to build up an opaque colour. With my second colour, 'vintage pink' i applied to the tips of my nails - this step does not have to be so neat as the line between the two nail polishes will be covered, just make sure the layer of nail polish applied is quite thin, but still thick enough to cover the over colour.


Next, to achieve the 'dip dye' effect I take my sponge and dip it into the second colour nail polish - to make it easier i drop a bit on to a piece of paper or old magazine. With the sponge i then begin to dab lightly where the painted nail tips meet the other colour.



Finish with a top coat and enjoy your dip dye nails.



20 comments:

  1. So cool and really unique!

    http://riley-ellise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the nails, esp. the base since it's my fave color :)
    Interesting blog, I really enjoyed browsing it :)

    Oh it's Juno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours, I really want to try this but I 'm not sure I have the patience! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't take me that long really, thanks for the comment!x

      Delete
  5. Omg these look so cool! I will have to try this myself! Fab blog :)
    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.com
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely. These are two of my favourite nail colours at the moment too.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way your nails came out! Your really creative :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it !

    xx Liyana
    Http://LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    PS : Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a MAC giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 1 month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool nails

    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool, yet so simple

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nails are so clean when you paint them! I get polish all over the sides of my nails haha! This is really cute design though :) (Just found your blog by the way and I really like it)

    Becca xx
    ( from beccaful.blogspot.co.uk )

    ReplyDelete